Full-Time Patient Service Rep
Virtual Job Fair Patient Service Rep
Position Summary / Career Interest:The Patient Service Representative is responsible for creating a pleasant and seamless patient experience during all activities primarily related to the front office of an ambulatory clinic including patient registration, copay collection and point of service paperwork. PSR will also be trained in scheduling to provide support as needed.
- Responsible for registration of patient prior to visit and/or upon arrival, including entering demographics, insurance verification, scanning and document preparation, updating documentation and processing of referrals.
- Scheduling of activities, including patient appointments, Telehealth visits, surgeries, procedures and/or ancillary services using extensive knowledge of appointment types, locations, providers and specialties.
- Collecting copays and point of service paperwork.
- Provides patient support for the MyChart EMR System.
- Explains facility policies and ensures patient and/or relative understands and signs the consent and insurance forms at the appropriate time. Clear and accurate documentation should be entered on the appropriate forms and keyed into the computer system.
- Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations. Completes MSPQ as required for admission.
- Responsible for check in/out and phone reception as needed.
- Provides physician to physician consultation services to community referring clinicians and non-health system clinicians.
- Will float to centralized scheduling environment or other practices with critical staffing levels as needed and delegated by management.
- Will provide phone and web-based support for Marketing SEM campaigns, event registration, Partners In Care members as directed by management.
- Responsible for other duties or projects as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Read and write English
- Understand and speak English, ability to communicate clearly
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and Office.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others, maintain confidentiality and use good judgement
- Clerical, registration and/or customer service experience within a health care setting.
Time Type:Full time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
How to ApplyThis employer wants to be contacted as follows:
- Go to ipc.us/t/B1C33C078F2C4CF6 to apply for this position. Follow the instructions included at the site, including how to submit an application.
119 total views, 1 today