Part-Time Neonatal ICU Technician, PRN
Neonatal ICU Technician, PRN
Position Summary / Career Interest:The NICU Technician functions as an integral member of the Neonatal ICU team by performing a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities as delegated by the Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of tasks and functions which support the delivery of optimal patient care including specific patient care service, clerical duties, and support functions. Maintains an environment which consistently meets all safety, infection control and quality standards. Demonstrates exemplary teamwork, critical thinking skills, and communication with other members of the healthcare team to ensure safe, effective, efficient, and quality patient care. Works under the direction of a RN/Charge Nurse and performs within the scope of the KSBN Nurse Practice Act as unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
- Assists nurses and other healthcare providers with direct patient care as delegated by the RN or assigned, and offers unsolicited assistance for help in a timely manner.
- Performs assigned clinical duties such as patient transportation, point-of-care testing, ADL’s, infant feedings, etc., and ensures that all results are documented and reported to the appropriate healthcare provider promptly.
- Performs basic clerical duties such as taking messages, copying, faxing, patient registration, etc.
- Performs duties in the Milk Prep Room as delegated, such as storage, preparation, and packaging of expressed breast milk and formulas for individual patients, and following procedures for preparing infant feeds.
- Ensures information-sharing with families and visitors regarding unit guidelines, visiting, etc. promptly, and documents interactions and completion appropriately.
- Answers telephones and call lights efficiently and courteously, relaying messages and calls to appropriate personnel and other departments as needed.
- Assists with room turn-over and preparation for patient care areas for additional patients.
- Assists with maintaining patient safety and quality of care, following Hospital and unit policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the NICU maintains an adequate level of supplies on a daily basis, stocks patient care areas as needed, and actively assists in obtaining needed supplies.
- Ensures that the unit work environment is clean and tidy, and without clutter.
- Assists with unit security and monitoring the unit entry points as needed
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- CNA, Medical Assistant, EMT or equivalent technical background. May instead have completed at least an initial Technical Skill course in an Accredited BSN Program
- BLS Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Time Type:Part time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
How to ApplyThis employer wants to be contacted as follows:
- Go to ipc.us/t/86ADBD4E090B4937 to apply for this position. Follow the instructions included at the site, including how to submit an application.
124 total views, 1 today