Full-Time Classroom Facilitator – Americorps
The Classroom Facilitator is responsible for providing classroom instruction at the Rainbow Summer Program. Rainbow Summer Program is a 6-week summer educational enrichment program for children who have completed grades K – 8. Curriculum emphases include reading, financial literacy and wellness literacy (gardening, health/nutrition and physical fitness). This is an AmeriCorps position.
Note: All activities will be conducted in accordance with public health guidance. Classroom facilitators will be fully vaccinated before having contact with students or the public.
- Participate in orientation, planning, training, implementation, debriefing, and evaluation meetings.
- Maintain accurate classroom attendance records and weekly lesson plans.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and role modeling for youth grades K – 8 during Harambee Time, Curriculum Time, Social Action, D.E.A.R (Drop Everything And Read) Time, Sports, Gardening, Mini Society, Harvester’s Kids in the Kitchen and other academic, social development, and recreational activities.
- Supervision of a class with a 10:1 ratio for breakfast, morning and afternoon break, lunch, afternoon activities and outdoor free play/story time.
- Participation in a daily morning focus group and afternoon debriefing session.
- Work effectively as a member of the summer program team.
- Support a positive summer learning experience.
- Participate in Harambee and Cheers & Chants
- Experience being around or working with young children and young adults
- Dependable, self-starter and cooperative
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communications skills
- Possess good classroom management skills
- Possess good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- One or more years of college or post-secondary education
- Must be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States and participate in a criminal history check
Salary: This is an AmeriCorps position. There will be a $2,000 living allowance and an education award of $1,311.11 at the completion of your service term. The service term is approximately 40 hours a week between 5/25- 7/31.
How to ApplySend resume & cover letter to Samanthe Burton-Bosket, firstname.lastname@example.org
202 total views, 2 today